The Health Center is dedicated to providing high quality, affordable care to everyone. If you do not have health insurance you are invited to apply for our sliding fee discount.
How the sliding fee discount works
The sliding fee discount program is set using federal guidelines for income and family size. Full charge amounts are reduced to a fixed flat rate depending on the amount of discount you are eligible for and the type of service you receive; medical, dental, or mental health. The amount you are responsible to pay after the discounted flat rate represents your fair share of the cost of your care.
If you are interested in receiving the discount
You must complete a Sliding Fee Discount application initially and re-apply every year. Verification of income is required.
Acceptable forms of income verification include;
- Most recent pay stub or unemployment stub
- Most recent tax return
- Social Security Benefit Letter
- Child support/alimony statements
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) statement from the state Department of Human Services
- Patients who do not have proof of income must provide a brief statement describing how they are supporting themselves.
You are asked to notify the billing department of any changes in income or family size that may impact your discount at any time.
Important: Sliding Fee applicants MUST provide ALL required verification of information within 30 days of the initial application. If the documentation is not provided, future visits will NOT be discounted and individuals will be responsible to pay the full fee.